Lowongan kerja di IOM
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
IOM Indonesia is looking for Project Assistant II (Agricultural Monitoring Assistant) according to the terms of reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com not later than 28 February 2012 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2012/011
Position Title : Project Assistant II (Agricultural Monitoring Assistant)
Classification : Employee, Grade 5
Duty Station : Takengon – Indonesia
Type & duration of contract: Special All Inclusive Contract, 3 months with possibility of extension
General Functions :
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the monitoring of the agricultural activities within the project.
Within the “Sustainable Economic Growth for Aceh” – Bener Meriah and Aceh Tengah Districts” Project framework; IOM and its local partner are improving the skills and knowledge of coffee farmers in Bener Mariah and Aceh Tengah.
In particular, he/she will be responsible for :
1. Monitoring agricultural activities of IOMs Partner.
2. Supporting partners actively on trainings, development of SOPs and capacity building.
3. Provide support and guidance of partners to conduct surveys.
4. Provide technical input on planting, pre and post-harvest activities.
5. Provide technical advice to the project manager. It is expected that the incumbent will take an active role on all technical aspects of the agricultural part of the project.
6. Prepare regular monitoring and evaluation reports according to project standards.
7. Assist to develop best practices for agricultural techniques to be implemented within the project and multiplied through local and national forums.
8. Liaise closely with the newly established coffee institute.
9. Prepare academic paper in cooperation with the institute for field use.
10.Act actively as a trainer on coffee specific topics, especially on training for trainers.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
University Degree in agriculture and/or a combination of relevant trainings and experiences, with a strong background on coffee cultivation. At least 3 (three) years proven experience as trainer and experience in outreach work. Willing to travel to remote field locations 60% of the work time.
Experience in liaising with governmental and local authorities as well as with international institutions. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
Have strong communications and negotiation skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Drive for results and effective resource management skills. Demonstrated track record in leading and working effectively with colleagues from varied cultures and professional background in order to achieve desired goals. Ability to manage workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standard practices. Strong team player, able to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
Advanced skills in MS-Office applications, experience in MS-ACCESS is an advantage.
Fluently in English and Bahasa Indonesia both verbal and written.